Wednesday, December 28, 2022

#49: Looking Ahead

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks (2022-52)

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks is a series of weekly prompts to get you to think about an ancestor and share something about them. The weekly prompt is provided by www.amyjohnsoncrow.com. The prompt for the week of December 25 is “Looking Ahead".


I am definitely “Looking Ahead” to genealogy work in 2023.  In 2022 I did very little genealogy work.  
I didn’t make any blog posts :-( .  I just never got back into the habit.  I never had strong habit, but I had made 46 family history blog posts during 2019-2021.  While I don’t want to set myself up for failure and say I’ll post every week, I am going to make a concerted effort again in 2023.

I did make three cemetery visits in 2022.  I’m still trying to finish up documenting these visits.  I visited two local family cemeteries of my wife’s family.  One in Fluvanna County Virginia.  The other in Dinwiddie County, Virginia.  This cemetery took some effort to actually find!  The third cemetery was  Blandford Cemetery, Petersburg, Virginia.  I had previously visited this cemetery a long time ago and hadn’t really documented the cemetery.  This time I was able to do a better job locating and photographing graves.  I’m looking forward to providing details of these cemeteries in future blog posts.  I also have a backlog of some other cemetery visits that I need to finish documenting

I also did some library in 2022.  I went to the Library of Virginia and did some research in their local genealogy section on Fluvanna and Dinwiddie counties.  I look forward to wrapping up processing the information I was able to locate.

So between blogging family history posts, finishing documenting cemetery visits, processing a backlog of library research and just general research, I have plenty to “Look Forward” to In genealogy work for 2023!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you best of luck with your blogging, your cemetery documentation, processing research, and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it's like to start a blog...many times. Keep the blogs short and just get in the habit of producing them on whatever schedule works best for you. I just blog once a week. Your cemetery visits sound wonderful. I grew up in Chesterfield County and know how beautiful it can be finding our ancestors in that part of Virginia. Best of luck with your goals for next year!

    ReplyDelete