Monday, October 14, 2019

The Beginning

I guess it makes sense to begin a blog with a beginning.

Image by Fathromi Ramdlon from Pixabay 
I have been interested in genealogy for many, many years.  Family history has always fascinated me.   Several years ago I embarked on a more thorough role in researching family history when I purchased a Family History computer program that linked up with online databases.  Since then I have dabbled and collected information, but the act of just collecting information and archiving it wasn't completely fulfilling.


During this time I've been acting reading multiple genealogy blogs.  This blogs, although they contain the basic genealogy information, really tell a story about a family.  Although these stories aren't my family stories, they have been very interesting stories non-the-less.

So for a while now, I've been contemplating writing a genealogy blog to bring the archived information that I have on ancestors to life.  I want to turn my research into shareable stories for the family to enjoy.  Hopefully, these stories will be interesting to other family members as they learn about new family members or new facts about family members they already knew.

My focus of research has primarily been on my wife's family lines.  My mother and my aunt are genealogists that do a lot of research on my family lines, so there isn't much reason to duplicate their work.

Several times over the years I attempted to begin this blog by writing a few posts, but I didn't really have plan and a goal.  So they were just random posts.  I have a plan and goal this time, so I'm hoping it sticks for a while!    I plan to write weekly and rotate among the eight family lines of Kristie's family and my family.  Some posts may be a narrative and others may simply be a picture.  For some posts I will use some genealogy blogging post themes such as Wordless Wednesday, Tombstone Tuesday, or from the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.  Others may be because the date is significant for some reason or another.  I may also simply write a post because of some interesting thing that I've come across.

So I hope you enjoy this blog as I work to add Branches and Leaves to my family tree and the stories that go along with them!

Image by 9883074 from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment